In Travel

ArtnScience Museum at the Marina Bay Sands




Singapore is a popular tourist destination for millions of tourists every year, but it is such an enriching experience to visit Singapore as a solo traveller. My solo trip to Singapore taught me that the smallest of places can have so much character, with so much to discover and experience. To top that, Singapore is one of the safest cities in the world, ideal for a solo escapade.

Singapore would be a nice place for first time solo travelers because it feels very safe, and it is easy to get around on your own. During my recent trip to Singapore, I was hoping that my first ever solo trip would be exciting yet challenging at the same time - as I'll be traveling alone! However, that's not the case. Singapore is extremely safe and I mean this in a good way. Navigating around the city is very easy from stations to stations not to mention that the majority of people speak good English. Safe to say that Singapore is easy to tame.

Public transportation is convenient and easy to access. Buses, trams and an excellent subway system (the MRT or Mass Rapid Transit) are all inexpensive and efficient. As for me, I opted for the MRTs as the places I visited were close to MRT stations. (and taking taxi can cost a fortune!)

I knew that the focus of my trip was to visit as many galleries and museums Singapore has - as I've visited Orchard, Chinatown, Marina Bay, Sentosa for God knows how much. So before I departed to Singapore, I created a mini list of museums and galleries that I wanted to visit and see how long would one take to 

Long story short, after I completed my business trip, I went straight to the hotel that I stayed in from Changi International Airport using MRT. How did I know which train to take and station to alight? Easy peasy! I used this website called gothere.sg  It's an excellent web-based application that helps people to navigate easily in Singapore. Getting from point A to point B is a piece of cake for this app. It can tell you different ways to reach your destination from MRT, Bus, Taxi even if you're driving. It'll tell you which road to take if you want to avoid the ERP. Awesome right?



So, after I arrived at the hotel, I put all of my belongings, took a quick shower, changed my clothes and went straight to the MRT station again. It was around 3.00 PM and saw how much time I had left, I decided to kill it at the ArtScience Museum at the Marina Bay Sands complex and boy did I make a right decision.

There were three different exhibitions that day, The Future World: Where Art Meets Science, Big Data, and Van Cleef & Arpels. It costs around 30SGD for the whole deal, but if you are currently staying at Marina Bay Sands, you can have up to 50% discount! The lady at the ticket booth told me that, and when I found out about that, I was disappointed as heck. But thankfully, she offered me another discount if and only if I could mention the room that I stayed in - and voila, I got 15% off worth of discount!

So here are some snaps that I took on my first day of solo traveling in Singapore. I hope you guys like it as much as I do. Enjoy and see you on the next post!











































Related Articles

1 comments: